Raising the bar

Preschool Canada is a member of The Child Development Resource Connection

Preschool Canada is a member of The Child Development Resource Connection. http://www.cdrcp.com/ https://www.peelregion.ca/children/programs/licensed-child-care.htm Licensed Child Care

What is licensed child care? Licensed child care programs may be found in a child care centre or school-based setting or a private home. These programs are licensed by the Ministry of Education and must meet the requirements of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014. The Act covers health and safety standards and specific requirements including staff-child ratios, nutrition, activities, play spaces and sleeping arrangements. Why should I send my child to a licensed child care provider? Licensed child care providers are regulated and inspected by the Provincial Government. As well, the Region of Peel, school boards and the Province work together to support licensed providers to deliver programs that make children feel safe, supported and cared for. Quality licensed programs offer stimulating environments that help children ages 0 – 12 years develop and grow. Licensed child care benefits your child in many ways through:

  • Registered Early Childhood Educators
  • Staff members and providers who have training in early childhood education and First aid/CPR
  • Daily play-based activities designed for children at different stages of development
  • Regulated maximum number of children
  • Availability of child care fee subsidies for eligible families

In addition to annual provincial inspections and compliance with fire and health regulations, many licensed child care providers in Peel demonstrate a commitment to quality through ongoing professional development and participating in quality enhancement and inclusion initiatives such as Raising the Bar and Peel Inclusion Resource Services (PIRS). How can I find a licensed child care provider? All licensed child care providers in Peel are listed in the Child Care Finder, a directory maintained by the Child Development Resource Connection Peel (CDRCP). How are children with special needs supported in licensed child care? Children with special needs or identified as needing extra support who attend, or plan to attend licensed child care in Peel are eligible to receive support through Peel Inclusion Resource Services (PIRS). Is help available with the fees? Eligible families can receive fee subsidies through the Region of Peel so that their child can participate in licensed child care. Eligibility is based on income level and reason for care.

Contact Us Today!