Website usage terms and conditions
The term us or we refers to the owner of the website.
The term you refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Last modified: November 25, 2020
EH to ZED PRESCHOOL CANADA LTD. and our affiliates and subsidiaries (hereafter “Company” or “we” or “us”, or “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our clients, customers and website users (“you“).
- The types of information we may collect from you or which information you may provide when you visit the website, preschoolcanada.com (“our Website” or “the Website”)
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
The Company carries on business as a provider of daycare and early childhood education programs to preschool children and is licenced under the Ontario Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014. The Company allows independently-owned franchisees to operate under the name “Preschool Canada” (collectively the “Franchisees” or, individually, the “Franchisee”) pursuant to agreements made between the Company and the Franchisees. The Franchisees are required to operate in accordance with the said agreements and also in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
In the vast majority of cases, you will be seeking services directly from a particular Franchisee, not the Company or you may be an employee of a particular Franchisee, not the Company, and that Franchisee will ask you to provide certain personal information that it requires to provide the services to you or to employ you, as the case may be. Each Franchisee is responsible for complying with the applicable privacy laws and implementing privacy policies accordingly.
The Company uses computer programs developed and maintained by third party service providers to collect and store information which is necessary for its business operations (the “Platform”) and provides each Franchisee with its own account so that it can upload the personal information it collects onto the Platform. Although each Franchisee is able to store and access the personal information it collects onto the Platform, a Franchisee can only access the personal information it collects and uploads onto the Platform. In other words, one Franchisee cannot have access to any information collected and uploaded to the Platform by another Franchisee. The Company, however, is able to access all information which has been uploaded onto the Platform by it and all Franchisees.
We are asking you to:
- give your consent, direction and authorization to the Franchisee with which you are dealing to upload the personal information it collects from you onto the Platform; and
- give your consent to the Company to collect, use or disclose the information which you have provided to the Franchisees and which information has been uploaded onto the Platform and which information we can access through the Platform.
Therefore, this policy applies to information we collect, use or disclose about you:
- which you have provided to the Franchisees and which information has been uploaded onto the Platform by the Franchisees and which information we can access through the Platform;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages directly between you and us and the Website;
- which you provide to us directly;
- on or through the Website;
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- we collect through any other means; and
- you provide to or is collected by any third party (except as described herein);
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, and your child/children which you wish to enroll or have enrolled in any Preschool Canada location, whether such Preschool Canada location is operated by us or a Franchisee and which you have provided to any Franchisee and which information has been uploaded to the Platform and to which information we have access through the Platform. Such information includes, as the case may be:
- your name;
- your child/children’s name(s). date(s) of birth, immunization records, health information, personal information relevant to the services being provided by us or the Franchisees;
- internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect to the Internet, user name or other similar identifiers;
- your e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, billing and account information, payroll information (if applicable) and any other identifier we or the Franchisees may use to contact you;
(all of the foregoing is collectively referred to as the “personal information“).
If we offer you the opportunity to subscribe to any ongoing communications from us such as newsletters, marketing or other communications, we will provide you with the opportunity to unsubscribe from such further communications by using the unsubscribe mechanism which will be indicated on the Website.
- Non-personal information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your interactions with our Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products or services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- The information which you provide to and which is collected by the Franchisees and is uploaded onto the Platform and which information we can access through the Platform
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, (for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise).
- Third parties or publicly available sources
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us on or Through Our Website
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services and/or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your requests for information.
- Your search queries on our Website.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To ensure that the Franchisees are in compliance with all applicable statutes and regulations, including the applicable regulations established by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- To audit the performance of the Franchisees, including ensuring that the Franchisees are in compliance with their obligations under their respective agreements with the Company.
- To provide coaching and direction to the Franchisees to enable them to improve the quality of service to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or to any products or services we offer .
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To improve our Website, products or services, marketing or customer relationships and experiences
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our customers, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers and clients is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of EH TO ZED PRESCHOOL CANADA LTD., our customers, or others.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions provided to us will be encrypted.
Please note, however, that the Platform is controlled by third parties and we have no control over those third parties. Therefore, we can take no responsibility for any authorized access to any information stored on the Platform.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Officer: Shadi Almashni via e-mail at email@example.com
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
Eh to Zed Preschool Canada Ltd.
130 Degraaf Crescent
Attention: Privacy Officer
and/or via our toll-free number: 1-800-741-5776
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information listed above.